Monday, October 27, 2008

WILL YOU LOVE JESUS MORE?






Will You Love Jesus More
- Heritage Singers
[WORDS are at the end] May they motivate you today!

WILL YOU LOVE JESUS MORE? was a question I asked myself often since I was in 6th grade in a Catholic Church, and decided from my understanding at that time that my answer was
"YES, JESUS...I want to love You more, know You more so I will serve You more."

Because I was in a parochial school with nuns(Sisters of St. Joseph), we had a vocational day. It was at this same time that I had seen movies like "Dominique", "The Singing Nun" with Debbie Reynolds and TV show with Sally Fields as "The Flying Nun". Also in my family since I was born, I remember many visits of priests & nuns that came to our home to feast with us. To me, this was
how you needed to serve the Lord...to become a nun.

I began that day, as I promised my Lord, to prepare myself for serving Him in a mission field.
I believe that is when my personal relationship started with the Lord at my voicing and declaring my personal vow to Him that day.
Though I was not taught how to enter into that personal relationship, Jesus came into my life.

Advance many years and a change from Roman Catholic to Evangelical to Pentecostal, I learned all I could to deepen that relationship and served in many ways but knew I was called to GO!
Each time, missionaries came and shared, I couldn't wait for the prayer time or altar call for those feeling God tugging on their heart to go. I would support & pray for many missionaries as I waited for my opportunity to come. I even knew it would be Mexico, just not where in Mexico or when. But Our God is a God of details and each year I waited, He prepared me more. Though I do believe that "God does not call the equipped, He equips those He calls!" And HERE I AM!

In the mid 90s, that longing, yearning burned in my heart an URGENCY...many would say...if you wanted others to know Jesus, why doesn't your husband accept Jesus...why aren't you there together? It is a long story. I will spare you, only to say since he is not, but he is my full support here. So to me, he is here and I report to him. I'd love to report to a church or fellow believers, but because I'm not the "norm"...a missionary couple, I cannot and I understand. I also believe that God is still at work in my husband. I believe that all my prayers will never be in vain. My adopted children were both brought up in church, Sundays & Wednesdays and many other times. As I shared before, my son, the month we were adopting them, at the age of 5-6, asked to be baptized and met with the pastor. So, although neither as adults are living for the Lord or perhaps not even in church, I know that good seed was planted. And I continue to pray!

I had the opportunity to prepare a young group to come here on short term in the early 90s. It was too short for me. I needed more. Eventually, God brought that to pass. He also made the place known to me, when I was here on an Easter week vacation. Though I've been in various parts of Mexico since 1996, I always was drawn back to here-Mazatlan "land of the deer". I was here part-time at first...6 months here, 6 months home to work to return again.

Since I love children & was trained as a teacher, I felt THAT must be where God wanted me~ with the children. So I searched for the orphanages here. Mostly cared for by the Catholics.

I'd like you to know that it wasn't until just this last year, after being here most of the year since 2003 until now, I only knew of 2 but knew there were more that existed just not where.
I discovered finally Tres Islas Orphanage Fund and
Helen, that I wrote about before here...
she organizes many charity events to raise funding for
"The Forgot-Me-Not Mazatlan Children" along with
other excellent organizations here,
Hands Across the Border, Friends of Mexico and more.

Mazatlan became a Land of many Opportunities. In addition to this, I discovered right before this discovery that the Assembly of Gods have 22 churches here, which I had never seen one in the phonebook directory. So, I knew of The Vineyard and the great service that they do throughout the community in 21 different colonies of projects and I just kept searching.
I became a part of a small church with a big heart and a big mission, Amistad Familiar yet I still visited other churches to see what they were doing. God is not finished with His plan for me here and though I have not been able to do what He placed on my heart on my return trip in 2006, He is at work. I see His Hand.

My first service that I offered was to volunteer at the Salvation Army (Ejercito de Salvacion) back in 1997-98..."El Hogar de Los Niños" (Children's Home)...on the outskirts of Mazatlan, in a small town, Venadillo. These children, however, were not orphans, but lived there throughout the week, and left on weekends.

The other Orphanage was "Ciudad de los Niños", a Catholic Orphanage, taken care of by nuns.
I should have felt right at home there but I only visited there once. Actually my very first opportunity was teaching one month of Sunday School in La Zona Dorada (Golden Zone where tourists come) to street children and a few church kids of "Palabra Viva" (Living Word) that were renting space above some stores there and I heard them praising the Lord & praying. When I returned to stay longer, they had moved, because of the high rent and needing more space, and I could not find their new location and that's what happens with many of the churches using rental space here.



To read more about the Orphanages that Tres Islas supports please go here
http://www.orphanagefunds.org/Tres_Islas_Orphanage_Funds_Orphanages_Served_in_Mazatlan_Mexico.htm

I was fascinated about how the history of Tres Islas Orphanage Fund was started but will share at another time since this is so long already. Be sure to visit the other participants and see the variety of "missions" that God instills in us to be used to further His Kingdom.

When I visit different blogs, especially new blogs, I try to encourage and invite people to link to Mission4Monday because of what I've read. I hope that if you see a post that should link, you would do the same. It does not have to be rewritten just linked here.

I pray that all of you will take the time to visit this very special one that calls for our action for a special hero that needs support & prayer as Christians and American citizens we should do:

SEED THOUGHTS ~ A WOUNDED WARRIOR NEEDS YOUR HELP
with Tracy Keck
[the 1st link of Mission4Monday]

PLEASE TELL OTHERS!
THANKS FOR JOINING MISSION4MONDAY!

I pray that one day I can say( for my husband, my kids, or my friends):

I feel quite sure if I did my best
I could maybe impress you
With tender words and a harmony
A clever rhyme or two

But if all I've done in the time we've shared
Is turn your eyes on me
Then I've failed at what I've been called to do
There's someone else I want you to see

[CHORUS]
Will you love Jesus more
When we go our different ways
When this moment is a memory
Will you remember His face
Will you look back and realize
You sensed His love more than you did before
I'd pray for nothing less
Than for you to love Jesus more

I'd like to keep these memories
In frames of gold and silver
And reminisce a year from now
About the smiles we've shared
But above all else I hope you will come
To know the Father's love
When you see the Lord face to face

You'll hear Him say "well done"

[REPEAT CHORUS TWICE]

I'd pray for nothing less
Than for you to love Jesus more


4 comments:

char72 said...

I find it so amazing and inspiring to hear of how God has worked and is working in your life. Jesus certainly loves the little children and so do you. God bless you as you continue to seek His way and prepare yourself for service.
Blessings,
Charlotte

Debra said...

Peggy,

I'm with Charlotte ~ Jesus said that what we have done unto the least of these, we have done unto Him ~ your heart unto the least of these is open and willing and above all else, loving.

What a beautiful example. May the Lord bless your efforts in Mexico and as you are planting seeds may those in your home also begin to come into harvest! May it be so!

Blessings to you!

sailorcross said...

Okay--you've convinced me. I've had this place on my heart so many times. I've participated in mission rallies for others, I've always wanted to go, and I've hung back.

Why???

I think it is a matter of trust--trusting that somehow the funding will come, trusting that I am needed to be there. I know that this would be a life changing experience for me.

I wonder though if it's really time for me to go. I've signed up 5 times to take the missions class at my church--5 times I've been unable to go--daughter rushed to the hospital once, class cancelled once, I was sick and couldn't go.

Maybe the next time will be the right time! I'm waiting on God's calling to me in this.

You have completely answered my questions to you about this. This truly shows your love for children and your heart for Jesus.

I pray for you for continued support, continued growth, and of course, for your husband and children.

Beth

Nancie said...

Thank God for using you in His many wonderful ways, Peggy. May God continue to make you a blessing to many!

Thanks for all your prayers and encouragements. Thanks for all your emails and comments. Sorry for this short comment and my inability to reply to some of your emails. Please forgive me! Still struggling to read and write :)

Take care and may God bless you with a very refreshing and fruitful week! Hugs.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

DO THEY SEE JESUS IN ME?

*

We were ALL made for a mission...God has a unique purpose & plan for everyone.
ALL MONTH, Every Week, Every Day...it's a lifetime experience!
This is where we share MISSIONS that have been placed on our hearts or in our lives. For God has given each of us a purpose & a unique plan to fulfill.
If you are new to Mission4Monday, please click here for more info.
A very special thanks to those of you (you know WHO you are) that faithfully have posted a MISSION4MONDAY whether you remember to link or not I appreciate it and if you are a regular and I notice, I have been linking you to the LINKY!
You are welcome ALWAYS to leave in the current comments a link to anything you share MISSION wise.
Thank you for placing M4M button on your posts, I so appreciate it! YOU each have presented FABULOUS ideas weekly!
**********************************************
Micey also has been to Haiti and shared. Please pray for Micey. Once again she has returned to help in Haiti!
Lots going on over here at a mission field at home in the USA. PRAISE GOD & continue to pour out blessings on Auto Mission & Sherry w/Cowboy.
Nancie was a participant in the very beginning, but unable to currently blog actively. Yet she still has much good material to read in her previous posts along her sidebar of a worldwide health mission.
New blogger that shares MISSIONS at times:
Here's a current post she shared.
****************************************
Choose one or all or any & you will be blessed!
or
I also have another MISSION: to PRAY, so you can visit our team blog, THE LIGHTHOUSE of PRAYER over here
*******************************************
Mission 4 Monday sadly ended last year as a meme, but I continue to share here and I know others also share various MISSIONS, especially the people above. Check them out!!! Encourage and perhaps join us.
Since my life is a MISSION, I share whenever I can. There are many of you, who do community involvement/church events, volunteer opportunities or know missionaries that you could share to motivate others. Motherhood and Homeschooling are MISSIONS and callings!!!
Each of these are MISSIONS and important to encourage others.
If you are doing something or share someone's MISSION on your blog, please leave your info in the comments anytime! Hopefully others will notice & come visit. THANKS!