Monday, January 19, 2009

GO LIGHT YOUR WORLD

WELCOME TO MISSION 4 MONDAY

YOU WERE MADE FOR A MISSION

 Each of us have a mission & a mission field
right where we are
just as we are
God will use us
if we make ourselves available
the Holy Spirit will guide us
 work through us & flow to others
if we let Him & obey Him

If in doubt and you need more confirmation



God's Word is very clear on this!
Here's how HE speaks to me:

18Then Jesus came to them and said,
"All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age." 
Matthew 28: 18-20

"Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation."

Mark 16:15

"You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled by men.

Matthew 5:13

Rick Warren's book, The Purpose Driven Life, gives 5 purposes and the 5th one is


YOU WERE MADE FOR A MISSION

4th Purpose
YOU WERE SHAPED FOR SERVING GOD

3rd Purpose
YOU were created to become like Christ

2nd Purpose
YOU were formed for God's family

1st Purpose
YOU were planned for God's PURPOSE

Some are called to GO, some of us are called to STAY but all of us are called to FOLLOW

JESUS

Hear HIS Voice

What has He placed on your heart? 

HEAR the MESSAGE

Speak your LIFE MESSAGE to others

Now is the time to connect
to give Truth & Life of Jesus
to ALL creation

 Just DO it!

GO LIGHT YOUR WORLD





6 comments:

Michele Williams said...

Amen! I need to get my post up tomorrow too... Love your post today!..

Stop by my blog and pick up awards...

Denise said...

Bless you sweet friend, love you.

sailorcross said...

Hi Peggy!!

My light is shining to all the world--whether I stay, whether I go, where ever I am.

I know that God will use me in ways that I cannot even begin to imagine--I just need to be open to HIS VOICE and be available!!

Love you,

Beth

Judith said...

up and ready with my post - thank you for the opportunity to sit back and reflect positively on a mission for the week..Judith

Marsha said...

Amen! Wonderful points! It was great to read these powerful, life changing points again. It's been several years since I've read the book.

My Mission for Monday is serving my family. I'm in transit as I write... continuing to help take care of my parents.

luvmy4sons said...

Yourrequest must have worked something in me or God sparked it...anyway...I will have a post for next Monday anyway. Thanks again for inviting me. I think it is a wonderful idea!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

DO THEY SEE JESUS IN ME?

*

We were ALL made for a mission...God has a unique purpose & plan for everyone.
ALL MONTH, Every Week, Every Day...it's a lifetime experience!
This is where we share MISSIONS that have been placed on our hearts or in our lives. For God has given each of us a purpose & a unique plan to fulfill.
If you are new to Mission4Monday, please click here for more info.
A very special thanks to those of you (you know WHO you are) that faithfully have posted a MISSION4MONDAY whether you remember to link or not I appreciate it and if you are a regular and I notice, I have been linking you to the LINKY!
You are welcome ALWAYS to leave in the current comments a link to anything you share MISSION wise.
Thank you for placing M4M button on your posts, I so appreciate it! YOU each have presented FABULOUS ideas weekly!
**********************************************
Micey also has been to Haiti and shared. Please pray for Micey. Once again she has returned to help in Haiti!
Lots going on over here at a mission field at home in the USA. PRAISE GOD & continue to pour out blessings on Auto Mission & Sherry w/Cowboy.
Nancie was a participant in the very beginning, but unable to currently blog actively. Yet she still has much good material to read in her previous posts along her sidebar of a worldwide health mission.
New blogger that shares MISSIONS at times:
Here's a current post she shared.
****************************************
Choose one or all or any & you will be blessed!
or
I also have another MISSION: to PRAY, so you can visit our team blog, THE LIGHTHOUSE of PRAYER over here
*******************************************
Mission 4 Monday sadly ended last year as a meme, but I continue to share here and I know others also share various MISSIONS, especially the people above. Check them out!!! Encourage and perhaps join us.
Since my life is a MISSION, I share whenever I can. There are many of you, who do community involvement/church events, volunteer opportunities or know missionaries that you could share to motivate others. Motherhood and Homeschooling are MISSIONS and callings!!!
Each of these are MISSIONS and important to encourage others.
If you are doing something or share someone's MISSION on your blog, please leave your info in the comments anytime! Hopefully others will notice & come visit. THANKS!