Sunday, April 26, 2009

COMPASSION in KOLKATA

Welcome to MISSION 4 MONDAY!
We were made for a mission!

This is where we share MISSIONS that have been placed on our hearts or in our lives. For God has given each of us a purpose & a unique plan to fulfill. If you a new to Mission4Monday, please click here for info.

A very special thanks to those of you (you know WHO you are) that faithfully have posted a MISSION4MONDAY whether you remember to link or not I appreciate it and if you are a regular and I notice, I have been linking you to MR. LINKY! Thank you for placing the button on your posts, I so appreciate it!

NEW FORMAT for MISSION 4 Monday: I no longer will be using the MR. LINKY for M4M
since last week.

The reason is not due to lack of participation because the QUALITY of those that do participate is SUPERB! I am truly blessed by each of you each week.

The reason is that I needed to decide between using Mr. Linky for SUPER SUNDAY or MISSION 4 MONDAY. Without upgrading with Mr. Linky, I can only post one Mr. Linky at a time or else you will notice this message below (and that is why and when it happens when there is more than one up):
This site is using Mister Linky's Magical Widgets. Click here to display the links for this post. Blog Owner: You may upgrade to display more than oneLinky at a time.

I noticed that it was not easy to do this so I thank you and appreciate you. I am listing my usual participants below and a link to their blog in general. You will have to locate their post for the week for MISSION 4 MONDAY post! Sometimes we have NEW ONES inspired!!! 

Maybe YOU ARE NEW today! Again...WELCOME ... If you are new just leave this info in the comments: your first name, your blog name, the title of your post or URL(that's the part that starts with http://.....and ends with the title of that post)

REGULAR PARTICIPANTS:

Denise @ Shortybear's Place
http://shortybearsplace.blogspot.com/

Michele @ Michele's Morsels Bee lieve You Can
http://michele-risingabove.blogspot.com/

Micey @ 
Thoughts & Confessions of a Girl Who Loves Jesus

Up to day 3 on her Nicaraguan trip today

Sherry @ The Journey Back
Amazing Graze Mazes, Messes, Miracles
http://mazmagi.blogspot.com/

Participant in the very beginning, but unable to currently blog actively. Yet she still has much good material to read in her previous posts along her sidebar. Choose one & be blessed!
Nancie @ More than Conquerors

I recently discovered another excellent writer and I know his story will bless you but you need to go back to the beginning of his story. He now has it available as a pdf in his sidebar. 

Peter @ When I am Weak, He is Strong
The beginning is here: 

****************************************************

MY MISSION FOR THIS WEEK, I mentioned in my regular blog on Saturday:


I am in prayer this week and supporting this very special outreach & project:

From April 26th to May 2nd, five bloggers will witness firsthand the ministry of Compassion International to the poor of East India. Visit this page daily to travel across the world to the impoverished neighborhoods of Kolkata through their stories, pictures and videos - and rediscover hope. Or you can visit the individual bloggers that were chosen to go to INDIA!

I'd like to draw your attention to what Anne Jackson has to say as she was leaving:


or Angie Smith here (and she has Twitter updates as many do in their sidebars):

She promises a post on Monday.

but Pete Wilson has the most current post at this moment:
"We flew into Kolkata, India this morning and after settling in went on a little tour to get familiar with the region. One of the stops was the home/mission of Mother Teresa. I grew up Baptist, so to be honest, we didn’t hear a whole lot about Mother Teresa. However, I’ve always been oddly drawn to her work. While I’ve quoted her and used her example in countless message illustrations I’m not sure I ever really understood the huge heart behind this tiny woman until today."
To read more please go to his blog but he finishes this post like this:
"One of my favorite Mother Teresa quotes is “I am a little pencil in the hand of a writing God who is sending a love letter to the world. ”

My prayer for this trip is very similar. God you are the author.  As pain filled and tragic as things are in India it’s still your story and I want to find out how I fit into it. God allow me to be your instrument. Allow me to be your bright hope in the midst of darkness. Allow my eyes and the eyes of everyone following this trip to be awakened to your call to action.

One woman followed God’s call and simply loved. Maybe you will too."

I would have to agree, if you have not done so already -

Sponsor a child 
in India 
who desperately needs your love and support 

We CAN make a difference!




Here are the BLOGGERS and TRIP LEADERS who need your prayer & support:

Bloggers:
Pete Wilson - http://withoutwax.tv/
Melissa Fitzpatrick -
http://livingproofministries.blogspot.com
Angela Smith -
http://www.audreycaroline.blogspot.com
Robin Dance -
http://www.pensieve.typepad.com

Photography:
Keely Scott -
http://www.keelymariescott.com

Videography:
Anne Jackson -
http://www.flowerdust.net

Leaders:
Spence Smith -
http://www.spencesmith.com
Patricia Jones -
http://jonesbones5.com
Shaun Groves -
http://www.shaungroves.com/shlog

Previous VIDEO from 2007 COMPASSION from Italy (former Calcutta is Kolkata now)





PRAY, PRAY, PRAY

SUPPORT

COMPASSION

Isn't that what it's all about?

LIVING Jesus!

Matthew 19:13-15

Then some little children were brought to Him so that he might lay His hands on them and pray. 
But the disciples rebuked those who brought them. 
14Jesus, however, said, 
“Let the little children come to me, and stop keeping them away, 
because the kingdom of heaven belongs to people like these.” 
15When He had laid His hands on them, He went on from there.

1 comment:

Kolkata SEO said...

Wow fantastic video in tour blog. like that!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

DO THEY SEE JESUS IN ME?

*

We were ALL made for a mission...God has a unique purpose & plan for everyone.
ALL MONTH, Every Week, Every Day...it's a lifetime experience!
This is where we share MISSIONS that have been placed on our hearts or in our lives. For God has given each of us a purpose & a unique plan to fulfill.
If you are new to Mission4Monday, please click here for more info.
A very special thanks to those of you (you know WHO you are) that faithfully have posted a MISSION4MONDAY whether you remember to link or not I appreciate it and if you are a regular and I notice, I have been linking you to the LINKY!
You are welcome ALWAYS to leave in the current comments a link to anything you share MISSION wise.
Thank you for placing M4M button on your posts, I so appreciate it! YOU each have presented FABULOUS ideas weekly!
**********************************************
Micey also has been to Haiti and shared. Please pray for Micey. Once again she has returned to help in Haiti!
Lots going on over here at a mission field at home in the USA. PRAISE GOD & continue to pour out blessings on Auto Mission & Sherry w/Cowboy.
Nancie was a participant in the very beginning, but unable to currently blog actively. Yet she still has much good material to read in her previous posts along her sidebar of a worldwide health mission.
New blogger that shares MISSIONS at times:
Here's a current post she shared.
****************************************
Choose one or all or any & you will be blessed!
or
I also have another MISSION: to PRAY, so you can visit our team blog, THE LIGHTHOUSE of PRAYER over here
*******************************************
Mission 4 Monday sadly ended last year as a meme, but I continue to share here and I know others also share various MISSIONS, especially the people above. Check them out!!! Encourage and perhaps join us.
Since my life is a MISSION, I share whenever I can. There are many of you, who do community involvement/church events, volunteer opportunities or know missionaries that you could share to motivate others. Motherhood and Homeschooling are MISSIONS and callings!!!
Each of these are MISSIONS and important to encourage others.
If you are doing something or share someone's MISSION on your blog, please leave your info in the comments anytime! Hopefully others will notice & come visit. THANKS!