Wednesday, September 9, 2009

FEAR NOT

WORD FILLED WEDNESDAY
[The verses are given in English for what it says in Spanish on these WFWs]

ISAIAH 41:10

  • So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
  • I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

ISAIAH 43:1b-3a

  • But now, this is what the LORD says-- he who created you,
  • O Jacob, he who formed you, O Israel:

  • "Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine.
  • 2.
  • When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze.
  • 3.
  • For I am the LORD, your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior; I give Egypt for your ransom, Cush and Seba in your stead.

On Tuesday and since September began, there has been much talk, reviews and give-aways of

by Max Lucado

With Denise, Shelby review & give away, Sherry review, Laced with Grace both, SUM, Marsha, and many more... )sorry, if I did not mention you :( For me, the best is being lived out by a dear sister in the LORD, Melanie & her son, Andrew, and she has at least 2 blog posts (*)(**)if not more that give testimony of FEARLESS ~ so why not visit her, leave a prayer & encouragement; but I promise you that you'll leave more encouraged from Bella Mella!!!

God's WORD is also filled with much wisdom from God
telling us and Bible characters
TO FEAR NOT
And clearly Max Lucado uses lessons in scripture & practical applications
to show us how to
FEAR LESS
[I only was able to read the first Chapter via a free pdf]

Each sunrise seems to bring fresh reasons for fear.

They're talking layoffs at work, slowdowns in the economy, flare-ups in the Middle East, turnovers at headquarters, downturns in the housing market, upswings in global warming. The plague of our day, terrorism, begins with the word terror. Fear, it seems, has taken up a hundred-year lease on the building next door and set up shop. Oversized and rude, fear herds us into a prison and slams the doors. Wouldn't it be great to walk out?

Imagine your life, wholly untouched by angst. What if faith, not fear, was your default reaction to threats? If you could hover a fear magnet over your heart and extract every last shaving of dread, insecurity, and doubt, what would remain? Envision a day, just one day, when you could trust more and fear less.

Can you imagine your life without fear?


Max Lucado even has Fearless Town Hall to declare war on FEAR!
You can click here and see 2 Vimeos.

You may wonder, "Why would anyone post SCRIPTURES on FEAR for WFW in a blog entiltled MISSIONS? How does MISSIONS and FEAR go together or relate?"

Briefly, I will just say that in order for you to walk out of your comfort zone and stretch your faith to share with others, you must be equipped to stand strong when fear arises. Don't let your FEARS keep you from sharing Jesus or even better from BEING JESUS to those who need a touch of the Master's hand & love shown from a heart that knows HIM, HIS WORD, His attributes, His Grace, and the value & worth HE sees in each of us. God does not want us to live in fear. Trust Him and you will fear less. My life & ventures here in Mexico have taught me about the REAL Jesus & fear.

BE SURE TO JOIN
our sweet, creative hostess


Photobucket

for MORE

WORD FILLED WEDNESDAYs
**********************************

of
Amydeanne @ the 160acrewoods

and all the
WFW participants
each one is WONDERFUL
and FILLED with GOD'S WORD

The purpose of Word filled Wednesday is to share God’s word (no famous quotes or other literature — only the beautiful word of our Father) through photo’s & a Bible verse!

I was not able to visit WFW blogs last week because I was in the midst of Hurricane Jimena warnings & power outages... my thanks for those who visited me anyways & the prayers that caused the 'storm' to pass further north...and I posted "Praise Him in the Storm" and others on my main blog...but I could not help sharing this one here:




FEAR NOT and WALK into the MISSION waiting for you,
right where you live
people need Jesus
and
YOU have a MISSION
YOU were made for a MISSION
today
9-9-9
Are you ready?
BE A BEACON of LIGHT!

12 comments:

Cathy said...

Thanks for the beautiful WFW, Peggy. And that is such a wonderful video that your found! Blessings, sweet friend ~

Pia said...

great reminder to all not to fear. if God is in control, He knows and therefore everything is going to be alright. He will give us the strength we need and the support. lovely! thank you for sharing. glad also that you are okay. may God keep you and your family safe always.

LivingforGod said...

Beautiful WFW! I already read Fearless and posted my review on my blog. Thanks for sharing the video. I love Rich Mullins's music and his heart for the Lord. That's a great song.

Mary Moss said...

Beautiful photo and great scripture! FEAR NOT indeed:-)

SnoWhite said...

I just started reading Max's Fearless book -- I love it thus far. I certainly struggle with fear in my own life, so I also appreciated your thoughts this morning.

lori said...

Peggy....
Another book has found it's way into my hands. It's Shane Claiborne's, The Irresistible Revolution...I'm in the middle of it and then I come here and read this...

"Briefly, I will just say that in order for you to walk out of your comfort zone and stretch your faith to share with others, you must be equipped to stand strong when fear arises."

On the heels of Crazy Love...I feel the Lord moving and exposing so many things...thanks for the confirmation this morning!

Peace to you...and praise God you are safe from the storm.

lori

Denise said...

I enjoyed your WFW, I agree with you about Melanie. Thank you for the encouraging ecard you sent me. I love you.

Michele said...

This was a Beautiful WFW!

Chelle said...

Being a human with a finite mind, it is easy to become lost in fear. Thank you for this great reminder!

Sarah Dawn said...

Delighted to meet you! I found you via WFW. Such a joy to be splashed in God's word by you.

Blessing for your day,
Sarah Dawn

Tea With Tiffany said...

Amen. Great words of faith.

Susan said...

Wow! This was great. I need to get this book...

Blessings my sweet friend♥

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

DO THEY SEE JESUS IN ME?

*

We were ALL made for a mission...God has a unique purpose & plan for everyone.
ALL MONTH, Every Week, Every Day...it's a lifetime experience!
This is where we share MISSIONS that have been placed on our hearts or in our lives. For God has given each of us a purpose & a unique plan to fulfill.
If you are new to Mission4Monday, please click here for more info.
A very special thanks to those of you (you know WHO you are) that faithfully have posted a MISSION4MONDAY whether you remember to link or not I appreciate it and if you are a regular and I notice, I have been linking you to the LINKY!
You are welcome ALWAYS to leave in the current comments a link to anything you share MISSION wise.
Thank you for placing M4M button on your posts, I so appreciate it! YOU each have presented FABULOUS ideas weekly!
**********************************************
Micey also has been to Haiti and shared. Please pray for Micey. Once again she has returned to help in Haiti!
Lots going on over here at a mission field at home in the USA. PRAISE GOD & continue to pour out blessings on Auto Mission & Sherry w/Cowboy.
Nancie was a participant in the very beginning, but unable to currently blog actively. Yet she still has much good material to read in her previous posts along her sidebar of a worldwide health mission.
New blogger that shares MISSIONS at times:
Here's a current post she shared.
****************************************
Choose one or all or any & you will be blessed!
or
I also have another MISSION: to PRAY, so you can visit our team blog, THE LIGHTHOUSE of PRAYER over here
*******************************************
Mission 4 Monday sadly ended last year as a meme, but I continue to share here and I know others also share various MISSIONS, especially the people above. Check them out!!! Encourage and perhaps join us.
Since my life is a MISSION, I share whenever I can. There are many of you, who do community involvement/church events, volunteer opportunities or know missionaries that you could share to motivate others. Motherhood and Homeschooling are MISSIONS and callings!!!
Each of these are MISSIONS and important to encourage others.
If you are doing something or share someone's MISSION on your blog, please leave your info in the comments anytime! Hopefully others will notice & come visit. THANKS!