Here is there opening statement on this Blogger Book Project:
"There is a revolution happening in the church today, and it is one of serving! Whether you are a seasoned servant already, or just want to find more ways to live the Christian lifestyle, then I encourage you to stick around…"
I totally think, even without having read the intro of this book, that this definitely fits in with MISSION. As I have mentioned many times, your purpose or mission call, does not mean that "you MUST GO to a foreign country" to SERVE! That is the purpose of the church, which does not mean the pastors or the building, but each and every individual in the church and even those outside of the church, MUST live a PURPOSE DRIVEN LIFE. (Hopefully, those outside of the church, will see enough change and want to belong & participate through a church & fellowship with others to GROW in their life journey through SERVING as one body!)
This is included below here, but I prefer that you go to their site and use this as a reference point to "taste and see" how invaluable this book & project may be for YOU, your church, your small group.
The chapter schedule along with who shared on each chapter is as follows:
- The Beginning of a Servolution: Forty-Five Tons of Tea (6/19) – Jim Blake (Concerned Christians Canada)
- Strategic Servolution: Rat Bait and Cheetah-Print Nightgowns (6/20) – Monica Brand (Paper Bridges)
- The Culture of Serving: An Unexpected Opportunity (6/21) – Mike Kress
- Servolution Is All about Jesus: Four Walls and a Slave (6/22) – Christina Meyer (What’s With Christina?)
- Hurricane Katrina: The Day the Levees Broke (6/23) – Bryant Neal (Camak Baptist Church)
- Servolution Top Ten: A Lesson from Ben and Jerry’s (6/24) – Bonnie Irving (Bonnie’s Random Thoughts)
- The Fabric of a Servolution: A Towel and a Basin (6/25) – Victoria Jenkins (Let the Son Shine)
- Unlocking the Need: There’s a Great Treasure Inside (6/26) – John Lambert (In The Kingdom)
- Staying on Course: A Speech, a Spotlight, and a Season (6/27) – Paul Batchie (On Following Christ)
- The Cost of a Servolution: More Than Money (6/28) – Mike Levitt (Michael Levitt’s Blog)
- No Excuses: 165,000 Easter Eggs (6/29) – John Dix (Grace Church of Glendora)
- Servolution Street: The Neighborhood Where Jesus Lives (6/30) – Gabriel Morton (Christ in 3D)
- Keep Your Serve Alive: Avoiding Compassion Fatigue (7/1) – Karen Shumway
- Never Serve Alone: Where’s My High Five? (7/2) – Chris Neufeld (Twisted Christian)
Here is the description of the book from them:
There is a movement that is rumbling throughout the Body of Christ -- a revolutionary army of people ready to take up the mandate to pursue the lost, the forgotten, and the poor to show them a God who is passionately in love with them. Servolution is a revolution of serving others. The troops are followers of Christ, the companies of soldiers are churches, and the weapons are towels for service. Through the story of what God is doing at Healing Place Church, Servolution will inspire you to serve, and it will give you tons of practical ideas and strategies to get you started. Change your world - start a revolution through serving.
In Servolution, Dino Rizzo shares the story of his relentless pursuit of ways to bless the lost, poor, and hurting people of his community in Jesus' name. You'll be amazed and inspired by the incredible ways God has used Healing Place Church to meet the needs of thousands of people. Each chapter includes practical suggestions and resources for use in any church.
Be encouraged by the testimony of how God's Spirit can use a simple passion to serve to revolutionize your approach to ministry. Wherever you are and whatever your gifts, you can play a vital role in this revolution through serving.
I hope to have much to share as I read through this but without actually having the book, I may have to wait until I make a USA trip & can acquire it. If anyone has read this book, please share your insights here. I truly believe that we each need to SERVE wherever God has placed us! Some of us need to extend ourselves beyond serving in our home & involve even our families with projects that SERVE!
John 13:12-17 (New International Version)
12 When he had finished washing their feet, He put on His clothes and returned to His place. "Do you understand what I have done for you?" He asked them. 13 "You call me 'Teacher' and 'Lord,' and rightly so, for that is what I am. 14 Now that I, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also should wash one another's feet. 15 I have set you an example that you should do as I have done for you. 16 I tell you the truth, no servant is greater than his master, nor is a messenger greater than the one who sent him. 17Now that you know these things, you will be blessed if you do them.