Friday, January 7, 2011

"AND SHE WENT OUT..."

Today, I am sharing a guest post from a dear sister in Christ, with the heart to serve Our Lord. 


I met Micey (Michelle Anderson) here when I did MISSION 4 MONDAY as a meme, and sporadically through Spiritual Sunday. I have seen her beautiful heart for the Lord through her service as a surgical nurse, right where she lives to those around her and in Haiti (two times and even extended her stay the last time)(it may be three times??? I should have asked her). 


Micey is currently preparing for a trip a lot further than Haiti...to Uganda... please PRAY for her and listen to your heart, in case God is speaking to you to GO to UGANDA with MICEY. I know from her Haiti trips that she takes the time to update us as she goes... here's a link to a slideshow to meet her and Haiti...
yes, Micey has the heart of a missionary and loves Jesus and the people she serves... she's going with PIONEERS (Michelle Anderson and her account information is on her right sidebar) 



(She emailed and asked me to update the 39 days to 66 days as God determines her steps) So without further ado... MICEY

Uganda in 39 days! 66 days

I’m so excited to start making serious preparations to go to Uganda! Today, I drove to Sarasota, Florida to begin the rabies vaccine series. Now don’t fret. They don’t give those injections in the stomach anymore. It was a small, painless injection in the deltoid muscle. I will go back next week for shot number 2 and 2 weeks after that for shot number 3. The most painful part of the vaccine is the cost in time and money. Why rabies? I’m going to be in the middle of nowhere, Uganda. It’s better to be safe than sorry.
I checked the tracking on the visa. So far it’s still at the embassy. It’s all good though because I trust Jesus to take care of all the details. I have made my list of things to do and pack and have begun to check things off. I need to buy a mosquito net tent because most of the weird African diseases are transmitted by mosquitoes or flies.
The next big thing I need to do is ask you if you would prayerfully consider making a small donation to help fund my trip. I need to raise approximately $1000 over the next 39 days. This will help cover the expense of actually being in Uganda – room + board, transportation. If just 100 people would donate $10, we could raise this amount in no time! Please join me on this trip. I would be so honored to have you along. I will write a post a day while I am in Uganda so you won’t miss any of the adventure! Thanks for your consideration! And of course prayers are most definitely coveted!
If you would like to help me get to Uganda, please click this Paypal link to donate. If you would prefer to send a check via snail mail, use the contact form above and I will provide my address. Thanks!
His… Michelle
these are no longer available from what I found
http://onceiwaslost.wordpress.com
http://haitishope.wordpress.com


UPDATE and why: UGANDA in 66 days (and counting on YOU, GOD and His divine steps)

1 comment:

micey said...

hey Peggy! Thanks for posting this! The reason the other blogs are gone is I integrated all the posts into micey.wordpress.com

I never really posted to those anymore. thanks again!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

DO THEY SEE JESUS IN ME?

*

We were ALL made for a mission...God has a unique purpose & plan for everyone.
ALL MONTH, Every Week, Every Day...it's a lifetime experience!
This is where we share MISSIONS that have been placed on our hearts or in our lives. For God has given each of us a purpose & a unique plan to fulfill.
If you are new to Mission4Monday, please click here for more info.
A very special thanks to those of you (you know WHO you are) that faithfully have posted a MISSION4MONDAY whether you remember to link or not I appreciate it and if you are a regular and I notice, I have been linking you to the LINKY!
You are welcome ALWAYS to leave in the current comments a link to anything you share MISSION wise.
Thank you for placing M4M button on your posts, I so appreciate it! YOU each have presented FABULOUS ideas weekly!
**********************************************
Micey also has been to Haiti and shared. Please pray for Micey. Once again she has returned to help in Haiti!
Lots going on over here at a mission field at home in the USA. PRAISE GOD & continue to pour out blessings on Auto Mission & Sherry w/Cowboy.
Nancie was a participant in the very beginning, but unable to currently blog actively. Yet she still has much good material to read in her previous posts along her sidebar of a worldwide health mission.
New blogger that shares MISSIONS at times:
Here's a current post she shared.
****************************************
Choose one or all or any & you will be blessed!
or
I also have another MISSION: to PRAY, so you can visit our team blog, THE LIGHTHOUSE of PRAYER over here
*******************************************
Mission 4 Monday sadly ended last year as a meme, but I continue to share here and I know others also share various MISSIONS, especially the people above. Check them out!!! Encourage and perhaps join us.
Since my life is a MISSION, I share whenever I can. There are many of you, who do community involvement/church events, volunteer opportunities or know missionaries that you could share to motivate others. Motherhood and Homeschooling are MISSIONS and callings!!!
Each of these are MISSIONS and important to encourage others.
If you are doing something or share someone's MISSION on your blog, please leave your info in the comments anytime! Hopefully others will notice & come visit. THANKS!