Monday, October 1, 2012

31 DAYS of ... "Solo Cristo"

BIENVENIDO
Welcome

I have wanted to do this for a long time ... both the "31 Days" adventure/ challenge/ opportunity from The Nester and develop a place for others to learn Spanish. I also have neglected posting on MISSIONS for far too long. This is a good reason to start again and to start with a good purpose.

I thought of many 31 Day projects that I should do here at MISSIONS; like on my main Project to Stop Trafficking or to Prayer for Countries around the World with Operation World and Germaine Copeland also as well as Praying with Save America and others that started praying on the 28th of September until Election Day in the USA or other related topics to MISSIONS but I need to start with something quick and easy and hopefully a FUN way to learn Spanish (with the hope of continuing later) for those who need Spanish for Mission work or whatever reason.  I have taught both Spanish and English to Spanish speakers both at home in the USA and here in Mexico.

Due to last minute decision to do this (due to lack of computer time), I will be doing this in a way that I hope you will enjoy. I'm not starting out with the basic grammar lessons or even vocabulary (but hope to do that at some time) nor is their any sequential order, but I'd like to do this through Christian music, which I believe is a great way to learn another language and many times I teach through music and the Word of God.

Vamos a cantar
We are going
 to sing
or
Let's sing!


Pronunciation Lesson:
One basic introduction to Spanish pronunciation: the Vowel sounds are much easier than English and there are only the 5. Each vowel is pronounced in a word. Each syllable contains a vowel. The only exception is when 'q' precedes as you'll see right here below*

A (ahhh) E (ehhh) I (eee) O (oh) U (ooo)
El burro sabe más *que
[the donkey knows more than you]
*'que' is pronounced "kay"

I'm going to start this out with a YouTube CD "Entre Amigas" (Between Friends) that I recently discovered and alternate with a new one from one of my most favorite singers and some others (which may give me time to put together some posts with some lessons intermingled). Pick and choose what or how much you want to learn.

Listen to the song over and over. Choose key words or key phrases to concentrate on. I much prefer videos with the lyrics ... so I added the second one by Hillsong

Solo Cristo

En reposo, 
en silencio 
sé que
Tú eres Señor.

Al estar 
en 
Tu presencia 
sé que
Hay restauración.
Al oír 
Tu dulce voz,
Te seguiré 
mi Rey, mi Dios.

No hay nadie como Tú
Sólo Cristo.
Moriste por mí en la cruz,
Viviré para alabar.

En el caos en tormenta sé que
Sigues siendo Dios
Cuando siento que soy débil Me das
La gracia para seguir.

Al oír 
Tu dulce voz,
Cantaré esta canción

No hay nadie como Tú
Sólo Cristo.
Moriste por mí en la cruz,
Viviré para alabar.

Mi deleite está en Ti
Mi corazón, toda mi fe

Mi deleite está en Ti, por siempre.



You can't just look up words in a dictionary or even trust Google or Babel or others to translate correctly (but they're close and will give you much of the main idea).

The reason that you can't just look up some words (mainly verbs) is because the main verb needs to be conjugated or changed and includes the person or subject with the verb. You can look up nouns (names of things) in a dictionary. Accents are important, they can change what the word means or is.

Grammar lesson:
You can look up the infinitive form 'to ....' in dictionary or from the English main basic verb form. But it will only give you the Spanish infinitive and you need to learn how to change it for every person (subject) and tense.

Examples of verbs from above song:

Sé (with accent) this means "I know" from 'saber' to know something (not someone) 

Moriste = You died from 'morir' = to die

Viviré = I will live

Cantaré = I will sing

Te seguiré = I will follow you. 

Seguir means to follow. The 'te' before this is for 'you'.
Seguire with an accent is "I will follow..."

Estar = to be (this verb is in its main form which you can find in the dictionary and is usually the first verb taught)
There is also another 'to be' = ser for description as in

Soy debil = I am weak

How do you know which one to use; well, 'estar' has 3 ways it's used and in construction: if it's a about 1) health 2) location or 3) temporary condition, you use 'estar' (conjugated)...

Oir = to hear

Alabar = to praise

OK, now this is much too complicated for many of you. As you can tell, I get drawn in to explaining the grammar, etc. 

Vocabulary for this song:

En reposo = at rest 

En silencio = in silence

En Tu presencia = in Your Presence

En la cruz = at the cross

Sólo = Only

Cristo = Christ    Mi Rey = my King    Dios = God   Señor = Lord

Hay = there is or there are 
['h' is no pronounced so it's 'ai']  
No hay = there isn't

nadie = no one

que [kay] = that

mi [mee]= my

deleite [deh-lehee-teh]= delight
corazón = heart
 [feh]= faith

por mí =  for me

tu (without accent) = your 

dulce voz = sweet voice

English version of this song:
"None but Jesus"
In the quiet, in the stillness
I know that You are God
In the secret of Your presence
I know there I am restored

When You call I won’t refuse
Each new day again I’ll choose

There is no one else for me
None but Jesus
Crucified to set me free
Now I live to bring Him praise

In the chaos, in confusion
I know You’re Sovereign still
In the moment of my weakness
You give me grace to do Your will

When You call I won’t delay
This my song through all my days

All my delight is in You Lord
All of my hope, all of my strength
All my delight is in You Lord Forevermore

... and with way over 1000+ blogs linking up to this "31 days ..." I just am not sure that I'll link but I will do this. I just did not have a button ready to go nor the 31 days of a Spanish lesson plan ready ... poco a poco (bit by bit)

Jeremiah 10:6
Jeremías 10:6


In Spanish and English daily

another great way to learn by reading
scripture in Spanish

I made a PAGE above
for when this gets buried in the stack of 31 Days
It has the songs listed or just click on the Day 
below and check it out!

Day 1: Intro and Sólo Cristo
Day 2 
 Day 3   
Day 4
Day 5
Day 6
Day 7
"Quiero Alabarte"
I want to praise You
Day 8
Day 9
Day 10
Day 11
Day 12 
Day 13
Day 14 
Day 15 
Day 16 
Day 17 
Day 18
Day 19 
Day 20

Day 21
Day 22
Day 23
Day 24
Day 25 



I think I may do this once a week
on Saturdays when this is over.
I'm inspired now.


No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

DO THEY SEE JESUS IN ME?

*

We were ALL made for a mission...God has a unique purpose & plan for everyone.
ALL MONTH, Every Week, Every Day...it's a lifetime experience!
This is where we share MISSIONS that have been placed on our hearts or in our lives. For God has given each of us a purpose & a unique plan to fulfill.
If you are new to Mission4Monday, please click here for more info.
A very special thanks to those of you (you know WHO you are) that faithfully have posted a MISSION4MONDAY whether you remember to link or not I appreciate it and if you are a regular and I notice, I have been linking you to the LINKY!
You are welcome ALWAYS to leave in the current comments a link to anything you share MISSION wise.
Thank you for placing M4M button on your posts, I so appreciate it! YOU each have presented FABULOUS ideas weekly!
**********************************************
Micey also has been to Haiti and shared. Please pray for Micey. Once again she has returned to help in Haiti!
Lots going on over here at a mission field at home in the USA. PRAISE GOD & continue to pour out blessings on Auto Mission & Sherry w/Cowboy.
Nancie was a participant in the very beginning, but unable to currently blog actively. Yet she still has much good material to read in her previous posts along her sidebar of a worldwide health mission.
New blogger that shares MISSIONS at times:
Here's a current post she shared.
****************************************
Choose one or all or any & you will be blessed!
or
I also have another MISSION: to PRAY, so you can visit our team blog, THE LIGHTHOUSE of PRAYER over here
*******************************************
Mission 4 Monday sadly ended last year as a meme, but I continue to share here and I know others also share various MISSIONS, especially the people above. Check them out!!! Encourage and perhaps join us.
Since my life is a MISSION, I share whenever I can. There are many of you, who do community involvement/church events, volunteer opportunities or know missionaries that you could share to motivate others. Motherhood and Homeschooling are MISSIONS and callings!!!
Each of these are MISSIONS and important to encourage others.
If you are doing something or share someone's MISSION on your blog, please leave your info in the comments anytime! Hopefully others will notice & come visit. THANKS!